I first shared this vlog and ornament packing tip last year, but it is one of my favorite tips, so it seems appropriate to share it again as we begin to think about taking down our Christmas tree!
(Please note that there is an embedded video in this post. You may have to click here to see the video!)
If used properly, plastic grocery bags make wonderful packing material. Today, I’m showing you how I use them for protecting fragile ornaments!
My dad’s wife made these adorable cookie tins for her sons’ teachers, and I love how she dressed them up with a simple doily!
- Choose doilies that are a couple inches larger than your tins.
- Line the inside of the tin with a doily and fill with cookies.
- Lay another doily flat across the top, making sure it’s evenly centered.
- Fit the lid over the doily so that it forms a “ruffle” for the tin.
- Top with a bow or tie a ribbon around the edge of the lid.
Do you give out cookies and other baked goods? How do you package them?